I did my first pullup!
Ran my first 10k! 46:33
I’m still sore from soccer 2 days ago.
Rooftop soccer is the best
I played a pickup game of rooftop soccer tonight for two hours and it was amazeballs.
Yay! 7:20/mi in my first race!
Pleasantly surprised with the result today from my first race, running a 7:20/mile pace in a 4 mile run. Net time 29:16. Placed 277 out of nearly 2,000 finishers. I’ve been doing solo running for over a year so it was cool to see how I would do in a real race. Plans for the next one already fomenting…
Pre race jitters
Morning of the day before my first race. Excited, looking forward, starting to get pleasantly anxious.
My first race is next Saturday in the rain
I have my first race on Saturday. It looks like rain. I’m just glad it’s not snow!
Sprinting feels like chemicals
It felt like a switch got flicked, releasing a flood of gripping chemicals and lactic acid in my veins and legs. I was sprinting hard on the treadmill, like 10mph for three minutes and all of a sudden it was like this little wash of chemicals was flooding through my body. Does anyone else get that?
My friend and I just signed up for our first Spartan Race. It’s in June. It’s an outdoor obstacle race. That means we have 4 months to learn how to climb a rope.
I signed up for a race! This will my first race since middle school.
i ran in the rain. it was good. hassidic children laughed at me when i was high-leg skipping to work on my sprint stride. i gave them two thumbs up! lolz.
undougutsu said: Why was she pissed?
Wife pissed for several reasons
- it was 22 out
- she thought I was at soccer, but it was canceled when I showed up, which is why I ran instead
- she thought i would be too tired to make ahead the dinner I had promised to cook and store (I was able to do it just fine)
- “ice” (not a real issue in my book)
- because my phone was dying i only told her when i would be back home, not that i would be running instead of soccer
- “too extreme” and would hurt me in days (not true)